School Aims and Values
Enable children to learn and enjoy reaching their full potential in a stimulating and well managed environment.
- To inform parents and involve them in the life of the school.
- To form constructive links with nurseries, local Primary and Secondary Schools.
- To form links with the wider community and offer support where we can.
Social and Personal Aims
- High standards of behaviour and self- discipline will be encouraged.
- Promotion of respect, friendship and tolerance.
- To recognise and value contributions to the life of the school.
- To encourage enquiring attitudes and purposeful approaches to work.
- To raise aspirations.
- To develop resilience and a growth mindset.
- To provide a broad, rich, balanced and well organised curriculum that is in line with national requirements, emphasising progression of skills which develop core skills such as; communication, English, mathematics, technology, working with others, problem solving, language skills and development, wide range of experiences across all subjects, resilience and aspirations.
- To ensure efficient use of all resources.
- To assess the needs of all children, match learning to the pupil's needs and support pupils appropriately.
- To provide quality teaching, supported by relevant training.
Our school values underpin our day to day life in school and actively promote personal values and support the fundamental British values of: democracy, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those from all faiths, backgrounds and cultures.
We have six core school values that guide children's choices, behaviour and learning:
These Values have been chosen by carefully observing which of our previous values have worked well and which ones would develop children the most morally and educationally. These values may change in the future depending on the needs of our children and the wider community.
How we teach the core values
The focus with every value is what the value looks like to us and how it looks in action. Teaching of values is cyclical, we return to each core value frequently to deepen understanding. We learn about them and discuss them in classes, assemblies, PSHE, RSE, RE, through listening to visitors, through stories, plays or presentations.